Ok.. so, first things first.. I won't be updating about this every other day, but initially.. you'll probably be hearing a lot about this.
So, I woke up this morning to it raining and went to go lace up my shoes and get Day 2 on. It wasn't pouring rain, but it was coming down steady. I figured if I start making excuses this early on, I'm doomed. Plus, I just got done playing softball last night in the rain and it was a blast. I love the rain.
My bigger concern was about my shins and whatnot... I was originally planning on just walking this week after my mildly uncomfortable first outing, but thanks to some gentle prodding and my ego I decided I'd try to increase my number of run rotations (I only did 2 last time). Baby steps I kept telling myself.
It's about progress... not perfection...
Well.. I started off and sure enough the same discomfort returned shortly, but instead of just walking out the rest, I decided I'd just slow down my pace and go for just one more time. So that's how my routine went today.
except it went more like...
jog/walk...
slower than jog/walk...
lifting feet up/walk....
power walk/walk
but.. I made it through the whole routine this time.
So soaked, a little sore and smiley I got home. I'm thinking I may opt to do Week 1 for a couple of weeks, but we'll play that by ear.

2 comments:
That discomfort will get better as your muscles get used to a different kind of movement. Good job Cary!
Thanks Wendi! I'll just keep plugging along.
Post a Comment