This is just a place for me to share my my thoughts on work, sobriety, hobbies (reading, movies, biking, video games) and being a foodie.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Let Me In (2010) - Movie Review
*NO SPOILERS*
This movie was amazing! I think IMDB has it tagged as... horror, fantasy, romance and who knows what else. I'm here to say, it is definitely has elements of the first 3, but first and foremost it's a love story.
The whole reason I even looked at this movie (totally missed it when it came out) was because it has Chloe Mortez in it. You might know her as Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass (which kicked ass in case you haven't seen it). I loved her in that movie. I remember finishing watching it and just thinking.... WOW... she has some really shocking lines in that movie for a 12 year old.
Anyhow.. this is an American adaptation of an original Swedish movie titled "Let the Right One In.", which in turn is based on a book by John Ajvide Lindqvist of the same name. (which I will now be tracking down thanks to this movie coming to my attention)
Without getting into spoiler territory, this movie is deeply moving and the young actors (who are the main characters), do an incredible job of adding depth and weight to their roles.
If you enjoy any of the above genre's you owe it to yourself to put aside a couple hours (running time 116 mins) and check out this movie.
IMDB - Let Me In (2010)
8/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment